Wooo - I'm loving this series at the moment (and I hope you are too!). I've even found a cute little blog quiz you can take to find out what colour green you are. So click the jump link below to check it all out!
Random Interesting Facts about the colour Green that you may not have known (thanks to About.com - Colour Psychology):
- Researchers have also found that green can improve reading ability. Some students may find that laying a transparent sheet of green paper over reading material increases reading speed and comprehension.
- Green is thought to relieve stress and help heal. Those who have a green work environment experience fewer stomachaches.
College Fashion has this to say about wearing the colour green:
- Shades of green are calm and soothing, as well as associated with nature and the outdoors. That’s why green is one of spring’s most popular shades.
- Green is also refreshing and has been found to reduce stress in those who look at it.
- If you’re feeling really overwhelmed during finals week, add green to your outfit and you might feel more relaxed.
Rodika Tchi has this advice for using Green in interior design:
- Green is very nourishing to your health, it calms your nerves and balances your whole body by bringing healing vibrations from Nature.
- When working with Green color in, it is important to have at least several different shades in order to maximize its energy effects.
- A great way to bring color Green in is with actual plants that have lush green foliage.
- And About.com has this to say: Green is often used in decorating for its calming effect. For example, guests waiting to appear on television programs often wait in a “green room” to relax.
About.com - Desktop Publishing has these suggestions for using Green in commerical design:
- Green is the national color of Ireland and is strongly associated with that country.
- Green also has close associations with Islam.
- Because of all the green in nature the color is reminiscent of Spring. Coupled with red it's a Christmas color.
- Green with blue produces echoes of nature - water and forest and can denote new beginnings and growth.
- Green with brown, tan, or beige says organic or recycled and can be a good color combination for packaging of those type of products.
- Tri-color combinations of green with yellow and black or white are sporty, outdoorsy colors. Purple with green can be high contrast, lively.
- Lime green with orange and yellow is a fresh and fruity palette.
Green colour palettes
COLOURlovers shades of Green
COLOURlovers green colour palettes
What Colour Green Are You?: Quiz