Recent Posts

Monday, 20 July 2009

Whatever Shall I Do With: Old Magazines?

If you're anything like me then you'll have squillions of magazines piled up collecting dust. Sure, you can throw them in for recycling or donate them to your local doctor's waiting room - but why not try something a little creative?

I spotted these nifty little collages over on Booooooom.com by Ophelia Chong. What a fabulous way to experiment with old magazines and photos! Slice up interesting images, sort into colour groups, tear out tantalising textures...cut them up into shapes and get experimenting!






Now you'll know why all those magazines at the doctors have bits cut out...

Ophelia Chong


10 comments:

Suzie said...

Hey that's a really goood idea. Oh you know what would be fun, gettting a group of girlfriends together and everyone brings a magazine and you make a "crafternoon" of it. Hehe!

Steph Granshaw said...

that is a cool idea..shame, i've just given a whole load away, many pages missing of course LOL!

Jordan Clarke said...

That would be fun! Although I think my friends and I would end up gas-bagging about all the fashion in the mags!

Lightning Heart said...

wow those collages are amazing!

bohochick said...

This is amazing, I have tonnes of magazines begging for a second life! :) thanks for sharing!

Chococo said...

they're nice, too bad I love my mags way too much. I like to reread them once in a while

butterfly said...

I'm always saving my magazines up (mostly cos I can't bear to part with them!!) and collages etc are a great way to recycle them.

Kristin said...

these are great, so well put together.
I did a similar thing with my own photos and just coloured paper. This makes me want to explore and push the concept I was working on further, so thanks!

Joanne said...

Those are so creative and so beautiful! :)

Jen said...

Really inspiring thanks for blogging!